The MCO is responsible for directing live or pre-recorded productions as assigned, monitoring on-air streams, and FCC logs, & ingesting daily programming & commercials. Regular assignments will involve editing video for newscasts, directing miscellaneous station productions & various elements for the web channel.
SPECIFIC JOB DUTIES:
- Operation of News Automation (including robotic cameras, audio console, graphics generator, and production switcher)
- Managing on air playlist using Master Control Automation system and responsible for all broadcast content.
- Daily tasks include commercial/promo ingesting, satellite operation, program ingesting and segmenting, and directing newscast.
- Responsible for EAS operations, maintaining transmitter logs, daily care & maintenance of studio equipment and news set.
- Work closely with all departments to meet daily demands and other duties assigned.
- Master Control and production assistant experience required.
- Experience with news production automation system
- Must have great communication & people skills.
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to multitask under time sensitive deadlines.
- Strong technical & computer skills highly recommended.
- Flexibility with scheduling & job assignments.
- Understanding of FCC program logs & all FCC broadcast regulations.
- Willingness to learn new hardware and software.
* Must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 (subject to any medical or religious accommodations or other applicable law)
STATEMENT ABOUT OTHER DUTIES:
The foregoing is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all functions essential to the job for which the employee is responsible, nor an exhaustive list of the minimum requirements and specifications necessary to perform the essential functions, including all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different functions be performed when circumstances change or exigencies require it.