Responsible for the strategic direction and planning of the Chamber’s communications and marketing program, and for the organization’s relationship with stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Required:
- Associates or college degree required, emphasis in Communications/Marketing a plus.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in marketing/communications. Government/public affairs and/or events experience a plus.
- Must be able to work effectively independently and in a team environment
- Responsible for the Chamber’s marketing, branding, media and public relations, campaign promotion, issues management, crisis communications, and public affairs-related stakeholder relationships and engagement activities.
- Plans and executes communication and marketing strategies based on Chamber Strategic Plan and individual strategies for projects from Chamber departments.
- Oversees all public communications and serves as the Chamber’s primary point of contact with all media, writes press releases and coordinates Chamber’s messaging.
- Advises Chamber on public relations strategies and image.
- Expertise in dealing with high-profile stakeholders, such as elected officials, CEOS and a variety of external constituencies.
- Assists Chamber and Board members with speech writing, letters and other communication tools as needed.
- Performs other functions, as assigned.
- Maintains strong working knowledge of all Chamber products, services and programs.
- Be familiar with, and abide by, the Chamber’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to create a positive impression of the Chamber while responding to members either by telephone, email or in person.
- Normal business hours, with some early morning, evening and weekend hours.
- May be required to stand for extended periods.
- Able to lift 25 pounds.
- Vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Benefits: Health, Disability, Term Life and Long Term Care Insurance; 401(k); Paid Vacation and Sick Leave; Reimbursements for Qualified Expenses and Mileage; Parking