The IT Help Desk Specialist provides general Tier 1 technical support for End User Technology (Hardware), Applications (Software) and operates as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Microsoft End-User products such as Windows 10, Office 365, Teams etc. This role requires strong communications and customer service skills and can work and thrive in a high paced and multi-task environment.
This position will also participate in the evaluation, recommendation, selection, operation, training and ongoing support of new end-user technology. This position will be the primary contact resource and communication point for our users and the IT Department, thus making this position the trusted advisor for our users and in support of HEMIC business objectives and culture.
This is a full-time position with scheduled on-call support when required. This position reports to the Help Desk Manager and is also a part of the Hemic IT Team.
End-User Technical Support
- Operate our ITSM solution to document, track and resolve ticket requests accurately and in a timely manner.
- Perform analysis, diagnosis, and resolution of complex desktop problems for end-users, recommend and implement corrective solutions to meet SLA (Service Level Agreement) and user expectations.
- Configure, install, troubleshoot, test, monitor and maintain end-user technology (desktops, laptops, monitors, headsets, etc.). Manage desktop software to include installation, updates, patching and on-going support.
- Proposes or develops procedures, processes and innovative ways to improve the efficiency and economics of the desktop function
- Participates in the evaluation of new computer and office hardware and software products (End-User Technology).
- Provide support for VoIP and virtual phone and fax systems
- Provide Tier 1 support for printing solutions including copiers, printers and scanners. Escalate any hardware issues to vendors as needed.
- Provide a consistent level of communication to the business for department requests, outage management and communication
- IT Administration work; creation of notes and other technical documentation, and end-user training on technology and applications as required.
- Maintain and manage the inventory of computer equipment and related software.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of personal computers, monitors, tablets, phones, printers, faxes, and scanners
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10 and Office 365 productivity suite
- General knowledge and understanding of networking concepts
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with a variety of individuals, occasionally dealing with sensitive, difficult, or confrontational issues.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization, both verbal and written communication with the ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Self-starter and willingness to learn.
- Ability to remain flexible in a demanding work environment and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Proven analytical and methodical problem-solving abilities.
- 1-3 years of demonstrated customer service skills.
- Experience configuring, installing, upgrading, supporting and troubleshooting PCs and Microsoft Windows.
- Certification(s) from CompTIA (A+, Network +), Microsoft Windows Desktop, or similar preferred.
- Previous Help Desk experience preferred.
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 lbs.