For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2165301&d=External&r=5000822201706&_fromPublish=true#/
Supports HMSA's overall sales strategies by strategically servicing the benefit and health plan education needs of our employer groups and their employees and optimizes selling opportunities during those interactions. Coordinates and conducts open enrollment presentations, Group Leader Workshop sessions and seminars. Utilizes mass marketing communication vehicles such as webinar platforms, videos, direct mail, e-mail, social media etc. to educate HMSA's group membership on the value of HMSA and their specific employer benefit packages and how to make the most of their health plan.
Requires regular employer and customer visits (in-person and/or virtual), including travel to the neighbor islands, and handling the service and escalation needs of our employer group contacts, key decision makers, consultants, and group members. The purpose of these visits is to conduct benefit and health plan education, develop relationships, foster marketing potentials, and acquire new business for HMSA.
- Associate's degree and one year of related work experience; or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent planning and organization skills.
- Experience in decision-making and problem analysis skills.
- Effective sales, negotiation, or persuasion skills.
- Excellent coordination skills.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook/Email and PowerPoint.
- Active license with the state of Hawaii Department of Commerce and Consumer Affairs or pass all four sections of the state licensing examination within three months of hire date. Having an active license to sell Health, Life and Group Insurance products in the state of Hawaii is a condition of employment.
- Must have valid driver's license, with access to an automobile with current license, registration, and no-fault insurance.
- Conduct open enrollment benefit presentations (second sale), handle current and prospective member inquiries, and support benefit/health fairs at employer sites on Oahu and the Neighbor Island (in-person and/or virtual).
- Strategically plan, staff, coordinate, and organize seminars/workshops to drive awareness of HMSA's value proposition.
- Employ exceptional selling skills to promote, educate, and implement HMSA's ancillary products/services to existing and prospective members on group specific plans offering, disease management and preventive care programs and other programs in accordance with the strategic marketing goals of HMSA.
- Respond to members' questions regarding plan benefits and provisions, as well as general questions relating to HMSA. Questions are standard and of non-sensitive nature.
- Resolve member complaints as necessary.
- Meet marketing plan established goals and contribute to meeting annual sales revenue and membership growth objectives.
- Work in a cross functional team of Strategic Account Manager/Account Relationship Consultant/Account Service Representative/HPA.
- Participate in the account planning process to help strategize and prioritize open enrollment support.
- Schedule sessions for the account ahead of time.
- Use existing or lightly customized materials/communication or agendas for seminars
- Learn and understand the content of Open Enrollment materials and may assist with material updates. Obtains materials from internal sources and distributes to groups in a timely manner.
- Assist in conducting training and/ or seminars for employer groups' Human Resource administrators and/or group decision makers at workshops and/or seminar sessions and conducts other presentations/trainings based on business needs.
- Educates and advises administrators regarding their group health plan benefits and provisions, HMSA programs, the enrollment, billing and payment policies and procedures, and health care regulations such as the Hawaii Prepaid Health Care Act, COBRA, USERRA, HIPAA, QMCSO, TEFRA. Responds to group leaders' questions regarding these subjects, as well as general questions relating to HMSA.
- Assists with the development of new presentations to support business objectives.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.