For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2165301&d=External&r=5000882281306&_fromPublish=true#/
The Business Development and Partnership Director is a key member of the Integrated Services, Inc. team and will play an integral role in transforming health care and working with hospital and health systems, provider groups, clinical innovation partners, private equity firms, and other health care organizations. The individual will develop a comprehensive business development strategy with new and potential partners, to identify services and solutions that best fit HMSA's overall goals and clinical integration initiatives. The individual will need experience and understanding of the nuances of cultivating long term relationships with partners while identifying and executing the ideal path towards generating a partnership and/or potential revenue. To achieve this, the individual may strategically propose customized solutions, pilot programs, joint ventures, or other partnerships while cultivating the trust of new and potential partners. The individual will be skilled in the nuances of contract negotiation, including structuring and pricing to build and close deals ranging from $1M to $10M in investment opportunity. The ideal individual must be a critical, systems-oriented thinker with a bias for informed action. The individual will also have a strong work ethic, be a self-starter, and be highly productive in a dynamic, collaborative environment. This position offers broad exposure to all aspects of the company's business, as well as significant interaction with all business leaders and key external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree and five years related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years business development, research and analysis, account management, or program management experience or equivalent.
- Strong leadership and client-facing background with executive leaders in the healthcare industry driving contracting and joint-venture strategy.
- Experience in start-up, execution and evaluation of business plans and programs, including design, budget development, strategic planning, and evaluation.
- Experience strategizing and closing large, complex multi-million-dollar deals.
- Deep understanding of the health care economics of value-based care associated with care delivery and risk management.
- Extensive knowledge of health plan competitive research issues, problems, analytic modalities, and information resources.
- Knowledge and understanding of the health care marketplace in Hawaii.
- Superior analytical ability, quantitative rigor, and critical thinking skills.
- Superior proficiency in issues identification and data collection, analysis, and interpretation.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Must have a valid driver's license, with access to an automobile with current license, registration, and no-fault insurance for business travel for meetings with strategic partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Business Development & Partnerships:
Owning the end-to-end lifecycle from ideation to implementation.
- Work closely with HMSA and ISI leadership (e.g., ISI Board of Directors, CEO, and other C-suite executives) to lead complex deal execution and strategy in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Determines the strategy for further development of business opportunities and strategic alliances for HMSA and ISI
- Manage the entire end-to-end process, from lead generation to pipeline management through deal execution and implementation consultation
- Expert at internal collaboration and works across the entire HMSA organization, particularly with Corporate Strategy and Clinical Integration.
- Identify and communicate investment opportunities, product, pricing, and/or service enhancements to key stakeholders, that are in the best interest of the ISI and HMSA and based on short- and long-term strategic thinking, market intelligence, customer feedback, and a deep understanding of health care analytics
- Plans, implements, and reviews monthly objectives of the ISI action plan, motivating and communicating with other HMSA teams and operations on the ISI goals and objectives
- Identify, cultivate, and maintain a strong network of relationships across the health care ecosystem
- Internally: identify, partner with, and cultivate relationships with stakeholders across functions and levels, including product, account management, corporate strategy, legal, compliance, and finance to form a strong, mutually supportive, efficient, and effective business team
- Externally: establish, build, and maintain strong relationships with all partners and stakeholders across functions, from day-to-day procurement to C-suite
Cross-Functional Integration and Communication Leadership:
- Manage relationship with/to external facing HMSA departments, BCBS Association, subsidiaries, and external allied vendors/business partners to monitor, collect, communicate, and exchange information
- Lead the integration and coordination of information to facilitate the sharing of information between departments and partners
- Communicate and develop the analysis, assessments, and recommendations through professional written reports (e.g., business cases and business plans) and oral presentations with executives of HMSA and external business partners
Research and Analytics:
- Lead the analysis into quality, objective, and professional research of health plan markets, competitors, and customer segments relevant to the mission and business of HMSA. Assess information and data about current trends and issues in health plan markets, competitors, and customer segments. Translate the analysis into possible solutions and/or options for consideration for specific HMSA initiatives. Develop and write research analysis documents as required. Conduct/coordinate ongoing research and analysis to assess competitive trends and develop insight into future consumer needs, including cost/benefit and decision analyses, business, product, and market plans.
- Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed, which may include leading other business development and/or projects.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled