POSITION SUMMARYOur Bartender/Barista will be responsible for serving patrons while delivering quality customer service. Bar tenders must be familiar with a wide variety of drink recipes and be able to create classic and innovative beverages. Bar tenders will make both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages as they will assist with working in the café as well as running the bar.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Completes all tasks of a Barista
- Greet guest and take orders
- Check identification of customers to verify age for purchase of alcohol
- Mix ingredients, such as liquor, soda, water, sugar, and bitters, to prepare cocktails and other drinks
- Collect money for food and drinks served
- Clean glasses, utensils and bar equipment
- Clean bars, work areas and tables
- Stock the bar with beer, wine, liquor and related supplies such as ice, glassware, napkins and straws
- Slice and put fruit for garnishing drinks
- Attempt to limit problems and liability related to customers' excessive drinking by taking steps such as persuading customers to stop drinking, or ordering taxis or other transportation for intoxicated patrons.
- Ask customers who become loud and obnoxious to leave, or physically remove them
- Do not allow customers to enter the facility if they have alcohol already with them, alcohol must be purchased from the bar
- Must obtain a Liquor License.
- Must obtain TB Certification.
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner.
- Must be able to multi-task and think fast.
- Ability to learn and maintain knowledge of products and procedures.
- Experience with cash handling and customer service
- Communication (Written) – Ability to read and understand information and ideas presented in writing; able to communicate information and ideas in writing so others will understand.
- Communication (Verbal) – Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words; must also communicate information and ideas in so that others will understand.
- Problem Analysis – Ability to identify problem, clarify why the problem exists, and develop and implement solutions; responds quickly to new challenges.
- Customer Focused – Builds and maintains customer satisfaction by meeting their needs; elicits feedback; takes responsibility to resolve customer issues; creates strategies to help the organization serve its customers more effectively.
- Detail Oriented – Is attentive to detail and accuracy; is committed to excellence and looks for improvements; owns/acts on quality problems.
- Proactive – Proactive learner; keeps skills up-to-date; turns mistakes into learning opportunities.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of previous experience bar tending required.
- Must be able to operate cash register and credit card machines.
- Use of coffee, expresso, hot water, Stella draft system and other machines as needed.
- Phones, POS – basic communication equipment.
Upbeat, family orientated, diverse and fast paced environment. Indoor and outdoor (depending on location) with fluctuating temperatures (air conditioning, refrigeration). Will work with machines that create variable (cold and hot) temperatures. Moderate noise levels.
Varies: Part-time and full-time positions. M-F and weekends. Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays, and special events. Business hours vary based on locations.