For more information and to apply, please visit https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=2165301&d=External&r=5000937133806&_fromPublish=true#/
Assists both the Chief Financial Officer and Controller, in Financial Services, in managing resources, internal control responsibilities, and overall oversight over the accounting and financial operations of HMSA and its affiliates, focusing on Investments, Cash Management, Payroll, Insurance, Other Assets, and HMSA Subsidiaries. This position will also communicate extensively with both internal and external HMSA department staff and management, executive leadership, and outside agencies (government, auditors, and financial institutions).
Provides support to both the Chief Financial Officer and Controller to effectively manage resources and activities of the department which includes strategic corporate priorities, tactical initiatives, department and unit task planning, financial, compliance and audit reporting requirements for HMSA and its various departments, executives and external business partners; coordinating interdepartmental, operational and financial project activities; cost control and process improvement opportunities through automating activities, analysis of financial cost data, and interdepartmental activities that streamline revenue and payment processing; and to update our policy and procedures manual.
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and five years of related work experience, or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Three years of previous management/supervisory experience.
- Medium to large scale project management experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to apply principles of financial accounting and complex analysis.
- Knowledge of medical insurance or healthcare industries.
- Familiarity with Accounting principles (SAP and GAAP)
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications. Including but not limited to Word, Excel, Outlook, and Power Point.
- Manage and provide direction to staff responsible for investments, cash management, payroll, other assets, and HMSA subsidiaries and affiliates including all related accounting and financial reporting responsibilities.
- This includes working with the Senior Manager of Financial Reporting, Controller, other managers in Financial Services and CFO in setting policy in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Tax and Statutory Accounting Principles (SAP).
- Responsibilities include analyzing, interpreting, evaluating, monitoring, and communicating financial information to officers, department heads, and internal and external auditors. Review staff's work for accuracy, timeliness, and adherence to established internal controls. Supervise, develop, and train staff to be a productive team. Communicate with other departments to collaborate and share detailed information on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis.
- Also responsible for financial compliance with Federal and State regulations.
- Manage the payroll functions for HMSA and its subsidiaries to ensure the timely and accurate payment of all salary and hourly employees of HMSA and Subsidiaries. (Payroll is processed on a bi-weekly basis.)
- Ensure that hosted payroll and timecard applications are properly updated, processed, and balanced each pay period.
- Ensure that applicable taxes are computed and paid timely.
- Coordinate all updates to the system for changes in tax rates, benefit calculations, and employee open enrollment are processed accurately.
- This includes researching, analyzing, interpreting, and communicating financial information to officers, department heads, and internal and external auditors.
- Manage the processing and implement any changes to HMSA's employee benefit program.
- This will include, but not limited to, the pension, 401k, long-term disability, group life insurance, and flexible spending programs.
- Ensure that all transactions are properly processed and in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Also, directly work with executive staff on various executive benefit programs.
- Assist Controller and CFO in annual insurance renewals with our external insurance advisor.
- Coordinate internally with other departments of completion of required information for annual insurance renewals as well as other miscellaneous insurance tasks (e.g., coordination of COI for HMSA events).
- Assist Senior Manager, Financial Reporting, in coordination/preparation of all workpapers and footnotes for both GAAP and SAP-based external audits
- Work with the Controller, CFO and HMSA executives, managers, and supervisors to assure all major finance and accounting duties and responsibilities are being successfully performed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Respond to ad-hoc data requests, analysis and reporting from executives, management, and internal departments as well as external business partners.
- Perform all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned or directed.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled