If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Kamehameha Schools is searching for a Financial Reporting Manager to work with division leadership in the overall coordination and production of all financial reporting requirements. This position is part of the KS Finance Group and works with multiple lines of business, i.e. financial assets, commercial real estate, and treasury etc. The ideal candidate should be a CPA with public accounting firm experience, along with experience doing financial reporting within medium to large environments.
This is a Hybrid position which provides work from home flexibility on an approval basis.
Prepare, maintain, and analyze reports required for both external financial and management reporting. Reporting includes the preparation of consolidated financial statements including footnotes and supplemental information as well as financial and operational reports provided for or required by management, courts, and other regulatory bodies. Responsible for providing decision support to leadership. Works directly with the division leadership in the overall coordination and production of all financial reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the preparation of consolidated financial statements, schedules, and footnotes in accordance with applicable reporting standards such as Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or requirements set forth by management or regulatory bodies.
- Manage and coordinate monthly and quarterly reporting. Prepare and analyze financial and operational reports, including organization wide-variance, forecasting, and Trust Spend.
- Synthesize, reconcile, and analyze information from various databases to prepare reports.
- Present reports to Finance leadership and other leaders throughout the organization.
- Ensure financial information and reports are prepared in an accurate, complete, and timely manner.
- Maintain and update knowledge of applicable industry regulations and GAAP through continuing education and/or professional literature. Research authoritative literature to determine proper accounting treatment, assessment documentation, and requirement implementation.
- Maintain and monitor schedules and tools utilized for preparing financial and operational reports.
- Supervise employees to ensure the day-to-day operations are maintained with efficiency, integrity, and accuracy.
- Engage with divisional leaders to review financial data, reporting and analysis needs to use this information to make informed decisions
- Lead projects and prepare ad-hoc reports, as requested.
Minimum Qualifications – An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the requirements listed.
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Minimum 7 years of accounting and reporting experience in public accounting and private industry.
- Supervisory experience to include guiding, counseling, and evaluating teams.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) designation.
- Strong working knowledge and understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and the latest accounting standards and requirements.
- Strong ability to analyze and resolve complex accounting issues and to determine applicability of the latest standards.
- Strong ability to prepare and analyze required financial statements, reports, and schedules in a clear, concise, and logical manner and in accordance with organizational requirements.
- Ability to effectively manage time, competing priorities, and deadlines simultaneously while meeting critical deadlines.
- Strong communication skills to work effectively with management and staff at various levels in the organization, external consultants, and auditors.
- Highly proficient in MS Office applications and experience in accounting systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of tax-exempt organizations and real estate accounting matters.
- Knowledge and working experience on ERP systems.
- Frequently sit, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 20 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
Working Conditions (including environmental conditions)
- This position may involve traveling to various locations, including neighbor islands to conduct business.
- Work is conducted in an office/school environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours but may be conducted in evenings and weekends, to meet goals and objectives.
- Work may involve exposure to extreme temperatures and contact with hazardous materials, dust, dirt, smoke, unpleasant odors, loud noises, etc.