If you are looking for an opportunity to utilize your skills and talents and grow in your profession, while serving and strengthening our Native Hawaiian community, we would love to have you join our ʻohana!
Kamehameha Schools is looking for an Manager, Risk & Assurance to join our Internal Audit Department. The role is responsible for the project management and execution of complex and critical audits and risk assessments of Kamehameha Schools’ business processes and activities. If you are a self-starter looking for new challenges or to be a positive change agent/catalyst, we would like to hear from you.
This is a Hybrid position which provides work from home flexibility on an approval basis.
The Manager, Risk and Assurance is an intermediate level role responsible for performing and managing complex and critical audits and risk assessments of Kamehameha Schools’ business processes and activities. The incumbent must possess in-depth knowledge of risk management and auditing standards (COSO, IIA Standards). The Manager is responsible for executing, leading, and delivering high quality, value added assurance and advisory projects to include risk assessments, and reporting of results/outcomes to the Board of Trustees of Kamehameha Schools.
Lead, develop and execute the approved audit projects and/or risk & control assessments across KS' businesses and activities, including designing and documenting risk assessments, audit programs test strategies, workpapers, and drafting of audit reports.
Lead and manage (as applicable) a small project team of Internal Audit professionals that deliver audit results and completed risk assessments in accordance with IIA Standards and COSO framework.
- Create and present reporting for lead audit and advisory projects and issues.
- Lead and/or independently manage a portfolio of stakeholder meetings/engagements.
- Work closely and in collaboration with other teams across the organization.
- Assist in the execution of departmental priorities and initiatives, and drive process improvements or changes.
- Advise and assist the organizational units on change initiatives, while advancing integrated risk and auditing concepts and technology adoption.
- Ability to operate independently with limited supervision.
- Serve as subject matter expert/advisor on risks and controls, and the enterprise risk management system (Diligent HighBond), to senior stakeholders and/or other team members.
- Assist in the professional development, talent management, supervision, and training of junior staff members and/or consultants.
Minimum Qualifications - An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of the requirements listed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration, Information Technology or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of auditing or risk management experience.
- Strong written, verbal, and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem-solving, and critical thinking skills.
- Effective project management skills.
- Effective influencing and relationship management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to remain unbiased in a diverse working environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Teams) and Risk Management (Diligent) tools.
- Experience in an educational or not-for-profit institution.
- Working knowledge of data analytics and governance.
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Understanding of Kamehameha Schools' programs, activities and Native Hawaiian language and culture.
- One or more of the following certifications: Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Risk Management Professional (RIMSCRMP), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Project Management Professional (PMP), Project Management Institute Risk Management Professional (PMI-RMP), Certified Risk Management Professional (CRMP), Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or equivalent.
- Frequently sits, perform desk-based computer tasks and grasp light or fine manipulation, talk or hear.
- Occasionally stand and/or walk, write by hand, and lift and/or carry, push and/or pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist, bend, stoop, squat, kneel, crawl, climb, reach or work above shoulder, or grasp forcefully.
- Work is conducted in an office environment and may require work to be conducted in non-standard workplaces.
- Work is typically conducted Monday through Friday at normal business hours.