POSITION SUMMARYLaborer will assist the owner and carpenters on layouts, framing from inception to completion. They may include cleaning and preparing a job site, loading and delivering materials, and using a variety of tools. Will set up and take down ladders, scaffolding and other temporary structures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES• Prepare sites to ensure maximum optimization of construction work procedures.
• Clean debris, trash and hazardous materials from construction sites.
• Dig trenches and pour concrete as instructed.
• Assist in installing sewerage pipes and drains.
• Put up temporary structures and scaffolding.
• Place traffic signs to warn traffic of construction in process.
• Clean and maintain construction equipment appropriately.
• Align structural components according to blue prints.
• Perform roadside maintenance tasks such as trimming trees and clearing shrubs.
• Load and unload equipment from trucks.
• Drive trucks carrying materials and equipment to sites.
• Ensure that all work is being done in compliance with the company’s protocols.
• Help train apprentices and new hires in construction labor work.
• Use hand tools to cut and shape material as per instructions.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years of general labor experience.
- Must have basic tools.
- Ability to adhere to established safety procedures.
- Must have reliable transportation and current Driver's License.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal background check.
Work schedule varies depending on project. Early mornings, weekends and overtime may be required.
EQUIPMENT, MACHINES, VEHICLES USE
Various construction equipment. Must be able to safely use manual tools and power equipment common in the construction trades. Must be able to handle hazardous materials safely and tolerate exposure to electrical hazards. May operate hand and power tools of all types: air hammers, earth tampers, cement mixers, small mechanical hoists, surveying and measuring equipment, and a variety of other equipment and instruments.
Indoor and outdoor environments: varied exposure to hot and cold temperatures and different weather conditions. Possibility of working in dangerous conditions, construction sites, and at high heights.