This training is a part of the Communication Skills for Success program offered in partnership with Kapi'olani Community College and the Chamber of Commerce Hawaii.
In the work environment, you may have to inform, persuade, negotiate, critique, inspire and motivate others. Learning to treat others with respect and courtesy, in spite of differences, can help you improve relationships and strengthen teamwork within a diverse cultural group. Topics include:
- Think Teams
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Resolving Conflict Through Negotiation
By the end of the program, participants will be able to:
- Make decisions that benefit the majority of the group and future outcomes.
- Learn about topics as a team that will lead to a better assessment of relevant issues and problems.
- Establish criteria to measure solution effectiveness.
- Analyze data sets and provide recommendations for solutions.
- Select the appropriate conflict management style to resolve differences.
- Negotiate desirable outcomes in an ethical and fair manner.
- Promote values and civility in the work environment.